Let me just say that we make an AWESOME mango/papaya salsa. It is phenomenal with just about anything. Grilled salmon or chicken? Oh yeah! How about with a bowl of fresh tortilla chips? Love it!
While walking through the grocery store this morning we came across some really lovely fresh tilapia. The Dude and I decided right then and there that it was going to be a fish taco night that would include our mango/papaya salsa. So easy, light and delicious. You are going to love it!
Here is the super easy recipe for the salsa.
- 1 mango, nice and ripe – peeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 papaya, also nice and ripe – peeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced fine
- juice of one lime
- 1 – 2 TBSP cilantro to taste, chopped fine
- dash of salt
Toss all of your ingredients in a bowl and there you go. I like to make it early in the day so that the flavors have a chance to get to know each other better.
Here are the ingredients for our de-li-ci-ous fish tacos.
- fresh tilapia, pan-fried (you can also grill your fish)
- 2 tsp canola oil for frying the fish.
- mango/papaya salsa
- shredded lettuce
- corn tortillas, warmed up as you wish – I put mine directly on the gas flame for just a few seconds to get some grill marks
- sour cream for garnish
Saute your fish over medium high heat – watch it carefully, it will cook fast! Set out all your ingredients, start an assembly line, and create a masterpiece.