It’s a windy, warm and stormy day here in NW Indiana. The Dude and I are chilling out today after a very fun and somewhat boozy day yesterday spent at the Brew Fest. Loads of beers and hard ciders from around the world. My favorite cider makers were there along with some new ones. I highly recommend Angry Orchards Apple Ginger Cider. Also, their Traditional Dry is great too!
Anyway, today I thought we’d do burgers and pasta salad for dinner. I’ve got to tell you that the pasta salad I came up with is a feast for the eyes and taste buds! It’s so colorful, and best of all HEALTHY! Here it is….
Colorful Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- 1-1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, and dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until fully incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Colorful Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked to instructions on package, then shocked in cold water.
- 1 orange bell pepper, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 4 oz. asparagus, blanched and sliced in bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. frozen peas, thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3-4 oz. pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
Toss the pasta with all of the vegetables and lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy!